Thing # 23 Noth-Ning To It But To Do It!

Since beginning graduate school, all my professors have pushed the idea of social networking on us. Creating or joining a Ning has always been a part of the conversation. Initially, because I feel that my time is already limited to getting my projects done for school that I would not have time to network with other educators interested in similar technologies other than my classmates. Though I don't have the time, I like the idea of the Ning or should I say... creating your own social network considering their are other options out their. However, in exploring Classroom 2.0 I definitely see the use of the Ning. Within the Classroom 2.0 Ning I was able to find educators using the very same tools that I use or would like to use in my classroom. It was good to validate what I am doing, but also fantastic to see ideas that I had not thought of. I like the idea that this Ning provides a community that provides somewhat of a support system for every 21st Century educator who wants to stay on top of their game. I enjoyed reading the forum to get the latest tips, especially in the area of online project learning. It was also cool to see all the various tools that educators use in reference to what I've actually seen in person. Then the sharing of ideas without concern of someone getting ahead was very noticeable. I definitely will be creating a ning in the nearest future to support a educators network for those interested in media design. Though I have many ideas, I've learned that two heads are better than one. So why not create a social network without as many heads as possible.

No comments: